The UK’s only Anti-radicalisation, Safeguarding and Cyber Safety Qualification. View the Film Based Learning Platform Here.
As part of the Counter Terrorism Act 2015 there is a legal requirement for education providers and those responsible for the welfare of young people to undertake anti-radicalisation training and build resilience within young people. Radicalisation comes in a variety of forms, all of which should be given equal consideration if we wish to be truly preventative.
Is your organisation doing enough to prevent radicalisation amongst the young people that you are responsible for? Do you understand the signs and symptoms associated with radicalisation? Can you identify the engagement factors associated with a radicalisation process? Do you understand the support mechanisms and processes in place to support those affected by radicalisation? If you are not sure about any of the above questions then you have a legal responsibility to improve your understanding of radicalisation.
Our film based qualification is the first in the UK to cover anti-radicalisation, safeguarding and cyber safety in one comprehensive and engaging package. This is the only anti-radicalisation training programme supported by a comprehensive OFQUAL regulated qualification covering all of the core aspects of safeguarding responsibilities. The film and supporting material can be viewed at any time, at any location and on a range of devices.
In addition to film based qualification achievement, at no additional cost*, Intqual-pro can:
- Provide a half day workshop for educators, which will focus on the effective implementation of a PREVENT policy.
- Work with you to develop your organisations written policies, to ensure PREVENT strategy compliance.
- Work with you to develop a robust risk assessment to support anti radicalisation within the education sector.
- Provide a range of exercises that can be used to promote critical thinking and British values within all age groups.
Learning objectives include:
- Understanding radicalisation
- Defining PREVENT responsibilities as part of the wider CONTEST strategy.
- Understanding the PREVENT mandate and Counter Terrorism strategies.
- Defining the roles and responsibilities in relation to the PREVENT strategy.
- Factors the influence vulnerability to radicalisation.
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of radicalisation.
- Understand the actions that can be taken to reduce exposure to radicalisation.
- Identifying the role that social media can play in radicalisation.
- Encourage the safe use of online and social media to reduce exposure to radicalisation
- Identifying roles and responsibilities associated with safeguarding children and young people
- Understanding the types of abuse
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Managing the disclosure of abuse.
- Understanding the effects of online and cyber bullying
What will this qualification give me?
- Clarity of the role of the PREVENT mandate and your role and responsibility as part of the wider CONTEST strategy.
- Confidence to implement effective policies and working practices to reduce the risk of exposure to radicalisation.
- An ability to identify those that may be vulnerable to radicalisation and the associated signs and symptoms.
- An understanding of how online and social media influences radicalisation and the ability to limit exposure to radical materials via these methods.
- An appreciation of how the PREVENT mandate is an extension of existing safeguarding responsibilities.
- A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification which will provide a sustainable option for future PREVENT training requirements.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification is ideally suited to any individual working within the education sector or directly with children and young people within clubs and associations for which safeguarding and PREVENT responsibilities apply.
It is also recommended for all young people within Further and Higher Education, to include those working towards apprenticeships.
How much does it cost?
At Intqual-pro we are committed to increasing the recognised competence of individuals responsible for the welfare of children and young people and as such we reflect this in our pricing. As well as the free additional services listed above this film based qualification and all supporting materials are available for just £79.00 per learner, inclusive of all associated qualification costs and learning platform access. We guarantee this to be the lowest price for any officially regulated safeguarding or anti-radicalisation qualification available.