PREVENT & British Values – Train the Trainer Package
Developed specifically for the HE/FE sector and those delivering apprenticeship programmes, our train the trainer package is the most effective way to ensure a confident and appropriate delivery of PREVENT and British Values responsibilities within the education sector.
The radicalisation of our young people is a constant concern for all educators and training providers. Changes to the Counter Terrorism Act mean that we all now have a legal responsibility to implement the PREVENT mandate and demonstrate the effective inclusion of British Values within our education and apprenticeship programmes. As subject matter experts we have trained and successfully qualified a range of professionals in understanding their PREVENT duties within a safeguarding context, yet evolving Ofsted requirements mean that it is important to be able to demonstrate how these issues are articulated and developed within our learning programmes and understood by learners.
We have found that educators are often capable of undertaking their own training but then lack the confidence or knowledge to effectively impart that knowledge to students due to sensitivities and complexities associated with the subject area. When discussing sensitive issues around radicalisation it is extremely important the correct message is portrayed and as such we have developed our approved train the trainer programme to ensure that educators have a full and accurate interpretation of their responsibilities to students.
Intqual-pro will provide a full package, branded to your organisational needs to cover the below subject matter areas. Our materials include a range of learning methodologies but ensure effective learner engagement and an ability to evidence their contribution. We find that these exercises also support the Personal Learning and Thinking Skills requirements associated with apprenticeship delivery.
PREVENT materials to cover:
- CONTEST Strategy explanation and contextualisation of PREVENT responsibilities
- Understanding Engagement factors (inclusion of a case study based exercise to be ran with students)
- Identification of Push and Pull factors
- Understanding the role of social media, social engineering and the dark web
- Online safety and support mechanisms
- Understanding the Channel Process (inclusion of a case study based exercise to be ran with students)
British Values materials to cover:
- Explanation of British Values and their context within the PREVENT mandate
- How we implement British Values within our society
- Three practical exercises to allow providers to evidence their British Values responsibilities to regulators.
All lesson materials and exercises provided are supported by comprehensive lesson plans, structured as per your organisational format.
Intqual-pro staff will run a one day train the trainer course and qualify your appropriately nominated staff (up to 5). All staff will undertake the ProQual Level 2 Award in Understanding PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategies to ensure effective occupational competence to deliver this training package.
Additional and bespoke support is available as required.
Branded train the trainer packages are now available from £2999.00 (plus VAT)