ProQual Level 2 Award in Mental Health First Aid
As an organisation that has led the way with regulated qualifications in a range of safeguarding, cyber safety and radicalisation related subjects, we see the clear link between mental health conditions and safeguarding vulnerabilities every day. Mental health conditions are very often an indicator of other safeguarding concerns, or at times an enabler for abuse and exploitation of those that are vulnerable and an ability to identify signs and symptoms of mental health and offer appropriate support, is a critical factor in reducing the risks to an individual. This new qualification provides training and a metric of assessment, so that an organisation can be sure that it has people throughout the business that are both capable and confident to engage with those that need mental health support.
All learners on programme will undertake assessment and achieve the ProQual Level 2 Award in Mental Health First Aid, a fully OFQUAL regulated qualification that provides transferable evidence of an individual’s knowledge and capability within this field.
Learning Objectives Include:
Level 2 Award
- Understanding mental health and well being
- Identify and distinguish between a range of mental health conditions and associated risks
- Understand the role of mental health first aid
- Identify appropriate interventions and treatments for mental health conditions
- Gain confidence in providing support and appropriate sources of guidance to seek help for those with mental health conditions
Delivery is structured to meet specific individual or organisational needs and is delivered in a classroom environment, utilising a range of exercises, film based resource and live actors.
What will this qualification give me?
- Clarity of a range of mental health and well being considerations that affect people within your workplace.
- An ability to link mental health conditions to existing safeguarding considerations and strategy.
- Confidence to act appropriately having identified individuals with potential mental health conditions.
- An ability to seek external support for mental health conditions from appropriate external organisations,
- An appreciation of growing safeguarding issues to include online bullying and cyber-crime and the links between cyber space and mental health.
- A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification which acts as proof of knowledge and competence.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification is ideally suited to any nominated health and safety representative, equal opportunities representative, line manager or individual seeking more responsibility for mental health support within their workplace.
It is also highly recommended for all young people within further and higher education, to include those working towards apprenticeships as part of the requirement to understand both safeguarding and PREVENT associated risks and respond accordingly.