New Internet Research and Investigation Course – including ProQual Level 3 Certificate in Internet Research and Investigation (601/8071/7)
The effective and legal use of internet based resources for research and investigation is becomingly increasingly important to operational success across a range of sectors. Internet and social media usage is revolutionising the way in which we think about gathering intelligence and generating leads for evidence collection. The Open Source Research and Investigation course gives researchers and analysts the tools to make best use of bespoke search techniques and freely available applications, whilst limiting their digital footprint ensuring they remain legal when dealing with vast amounts of open source information.
The first course of its type to include an OFQUAL registered and regulated qualification, enabling learners to both understand and apply processes to maximise the use of a range of internet based resources. This is the UKs first OFQUAL recognised qualification within this discipline and sets a nationally recognised standard for internet research and investigation
The course covers the following modules:
Module 1 – What is Open Source Intelligence, available Open Source channels, Surface v Dark web
Module 2 – Digital Footprints (what are they and how to mitigate), identification of risk to individuals and organisations
Module 3 – Search Engines and Web Browsers, Browser plugins, add ons and extensions, Search Syntax, Boolean operators, Meta and People Search Engines
Module 4 – Social Media, extracting information from Social Media platforms
Module 5 – Making use of Public Records (Companies House, Land Registry), Due Diligence resources, Address and telephone look ups
Module 6 – Email headers and IP addresses, Identification of IPs from email headers, information gained from IP addresses
Module 7 – Mapping and associated tools
Module 8 – Image use, research and acquiring images, reverse image look-up, EXIF data
Module 9 – Provide an audit trail for your research, Evidential standards
Internet Research and Investigation course is run over two days. Knowledge delivery and learner-led practical application is included throughout the training period. A combination of facilitated practical exercises and completion of an online assignment post-workshop will allow for achievement of the qualification.
What will this qualification give me?
- An underpinning understanding of how the wider internet functions and can be effectively exploited for research and investigative purposes.
- Knowledge of non-conventional search engines and techniques to improve efficiency and data ranges.
- The ability to exploit a wide range of information, to include social media, online images and geo-locational information.
- Confidence to work within the boundaries of current legislation and guidelines.
- The ability to reduce digital footprint and conduct internet research and investigation in a safe and professional manner.
- The only UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification as proof of your knowledge and skill set in this area of specialism.
Please contact Mark.Burton@Intqual-pro.com for specific information on course dates.
For more information or to book your place on one of our courses, please contact email@example.com.