New Internet Research and Investigation Course – including ProQual Level 3 Certificate in Internet Research and Investigation (601/8071/7)
The effective and legal use of internet-based resources for research and investigation is becomingly increasingly important to operational success across a range of sectors. Even more apparent is the increased use of these resources for due diligence processes and know your customer. Internet and social media usage are increasing the access you have to gather information pertinent to your organisation. Efficient and effective legal use coupled with ensuring your own privacy and security is paramount. This programme will give researchers and analysts tools to make best use of bespoke search techniques and freely available applications, whilst limiting digital footprints to ensure they remain legal and are able to filter vast amounts of open source information to a particular requirement.
The first course of its type to include an OFQUAL registered and regulated qualification, enabling learners to both understand and apply processes to maximise the use of a range of internet based resources. This is the UKs first OFQUAL recognised qualification within this discipline and sets a nationally recognised standard for internet research and investigation
The course covers the following subject areas:
- What is Open Source Intelligence, available Open Source channels, Surface v Dark web
- Digital Footprints (what are they and how to mitigate), identification of risk to individuals and organisations
- Search Engines and Web Browsers, Browser plugins, addons and extensions, search syntax, boolean operators, meta search engines
- Social Media, extracting information from Social Media platforms
- Making use of Public Records (Companies House, Land Registry), Due Diligence resources, Address and telephone look ups
- Information gained from IP addresses
- Mapping and associated tools
- Image use, research and acquiring images, reverse image look-up, EXIF data
- Planning your approach and provide an audit trail for your research
The Internet Research and Investigation course takes place over two days. Knowledge delivery and learner-led practical application is included throughout the training period. A combination of facilitated practical exercises and completion of online assignments post-workshop will allow for achievement of the qualification.
What will this qualification give me?
- An underpinning understanding of how the wider internet functions can be effectively exploited for research, due diligence, know your customer and investigative purposes.
- Knowledge of non-conventional search engines and techniques to improve efficiency and data ranges.
- The ability to exploit a wide range of information, to include social media, online images and geo-locational information.
- Confidence to work within the boundaries of current legislation and guidelines.
- The ability to reduce digital footprint and conduct internet based activity in a safe and professional manner.
- The only UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification as proof of your knowledge and skill set in this area of specialism.
Please contact Mark.Burton@Intqual-pro.com for specific information on course dates.
For more information or to book your place on one of our courses, please contact email@example.com.