Level 4 Certificate in Fraud Investigation
As the UK’s largest provider of regulated qualifications to the Fraud and Investigative sectors development of the new Level 4 qualification in Fraud Investigation has allowed us to continue building formal recognition for professionals working and progressing within the sector, increasing opportunities and mobility for our colleagues across a range of investigative roles. This qualification offers a comprehensive learning framework that covers the breadth of competencies required to work within fraud investigation, yet we work in collaboration with employers to ensure that the specifics of the programme are tailored to the sector and specific organisational requirements for those on programme.
As well as teaching to the core fraud investigation framework we bring our experience in the delivery of similar level 4 qualifications and are able to develop additional practical and soft skills in line with the knowledge requirements of this framework. Giving exposure to activities such as interviewing potentially vulnerable victims, familiarity within real courtroom environments and the development of effective communication, influence and analytical skills help to build confident and well rounded investigative teams and add significant value to employers.
Fraud Investigation covers the key components of an investigation. Key is understanding current legislation, gathering suitable information and intelligence, being able plan and effectively interview victims, witnesses and possible perpetrators ensuring the Disclosure test is applied. All these areas are fundamental when working in fraud investigations. The programme focuses on the following areas:
- Understanding Fraud and Fraudsters
- The Role of the Fraud Investigator
- Understanding Legislation and Regulations relating Fraud Investigation
- Understanding Intelligence Gathering
- Principles of Fraud Investigation
- Working with Partner Organisations in Fraud Investigations
- Undertaking Interviews in Fraud Investigations
- Fraud Investigation Planning and Process
- Fraud Investigation Reporting and Closure
Whilst all of Intqual-pro’s delivery models are flexible and based on client and sector needs, the proposed model for delivery of the qualification is as below. The programme is available for classroom delivery on one of our sites or at client site yet also available via virtual classroom. Assignments issued between sessions are completed using our in house e-learning platform and an assessor will be allocated to provide guidance for the duration of the programme.
Nine mandatory days of training over 5/6 months
Day 1 – Understanding Fraud and Fraudsters,
Day 2 – Role of the Fraud Investigator
Day 3 – Understanding Fraud Legislation,
Day 4 – Principles of Fraud Investigation
Day 5 – Information and Intelligence Requirements Planning and Gathering
Day 6/7 – Principles of Interviewing (theory, planning, interviewing offenders, witnesses, victims)
Day 8 – Planning and Process
Day 9 – Reporting and Closure
Additional Elective Training:
- Internet Research and Investigation
- Understanding Disclosure (detailed disclosure specific programme)
- Structured analytical techniques
- Recognition of cognitive bias
What will this qualification give me?
- An understanding of the breadth of knowledge and applied skills relevant to fraud investigation
- Assessment and assurance through feedback and coaching to develop personal confidence and professionalism as a fraud investigator
- A formally regulated qualification to act as proof of professional capability and competence