ProQual Level 2 Award in Understanding the Safeguarding and Wellbeing of Children and Young People (600/5941/8)
ProQual Level 3 Award in Working to Safeguard Vulnerable Children and Young People
In a world where the protection of children is so important, it is one of our aims to ensure that every adult responsible for the safety and wellbeing of a child holds an official safeguarding qualification. Safeguarding is a subject in which attendance training, without a regulated metric of testing knowledge and competence is not sufficient.
A construction worker may not enter a construction site in the UK without the appropriate health and safety qualification. We emphasise the requirement for qualifications within the engineering, health care and transportation sectors, yet in order to work with children, an individual does not have to hold a regulated safeguarding qualification as proof of competence.
These safeguarding qualifications were developed to rectify that shortfalls in this crucial area of responsibility. A range of recent safeguarding failings identify how essential a safeguarding qualification is, not only understanding the principles of safeguarding but also gaining the confidence to identify and act appropriately in the event of an incident.
The Level 2 Award focuses on the theory of safeguarding and is intended to give a good working knowledge to any individual working with a duty of care.
The Level 3 Award builds further and focuses on the effective application of safeguarding practices and policy at an organisational level.
Learning Objectives Include:
Level 2 Award
- Understanding legislation associated with safeguarding responsibilities.
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Managing disclosure
- Safeguarding reporting structures.
- Online threats and safeguarding awareness (overview)
Level 3 Award also includes:
- Joint working practices
- Safeguarding policy development
- Safeguarding policy implementation
Delivery is structured to meet specific individual or organisational needs. Traditional classroom teaching is available, supported by a range of online resources and assessor support. It is recommended that all safeguarding training is supplemented with PREVENT, Cyber Safety and Cyber Bullying Awareness training to ensure all OFSTED safeguarding responsibilities are met.
What will this qualification give me?
- Clarity of your legal obligation with regards to safeguarding.
- An understanding of modern day safeguarding threats and the associated signs and symptoms.
- Confidence to act appropriately having identified children and young people that are affected by abuse.
- An ability to better manage disclosure of information with a safeguarding context, to include effective recording and reporting procedures.
- An appreciation of growing safeguarding issues to include online bullying and cyber-crime.
- A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification which acts as proof of knowledge and competence. Something that we believe should be a requirement for all adults with a duty of care responsibility.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification is ideally suited to any individual working within the education sector or directly with children and young people in clubs and associations for which safeguarding responsibilities apply.
It is also recommended for all young people within further and higher education, to include those working towards apprenticeships.