ProQual Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Use of Online and Social Media Platforms (601/0393/0)
In a modern world, it is almost a daily occurrence to see a news article in which someone has been subjected to some form of cyber-crime. Whether it be online identity theft, online grooming or the latest phishing scam we are all at risk from cyber criminals. Effectively proving that an individual has the knowledge and skill set to protect themselves and those within their duty of care from a growing cyber threat has never been so crucial.
This Cyber Safety qualification was developed not only to increase an awareness of online threats, but to give individuals the skill set required to operate safely online.
The majority of individuals working within child care and the wider education sector often have an appropriate level of generic safeguarding awareness, yet training and qualifications associated with the growing number of online threats are often not understood as well. This cyber safety qualification complements our broader range of safeguarding qualifications and ensures that organisations are well prepared to fulfil all aspects of their safeguarding responsibilities
This Cyber Safety qualification includes a comprehensive range of practical examples and scenarios to allow learners to engage with real life cyber incidents. Cyber Safety training delivery is designed to build confidence and facilitate the effective implementation of cyber safety policies.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Understanding a range of modern day information risks.
- Understanding the scope of cyber-crime and methodologies employed by cyber criminals
- Identifying a range of malware.
- Developing safe online working practices and policies.
- Legislation associated with cyber-crime and cyber bullying.
- Confidence to apply parental controls and understand internet activity monitoring.
- Identifying and reducing the risk of exploitation via social media.
- Understanding how geo-locational data can be exploited online.
Cyber Safety training delivery is structured to meet specific individual or organisational needs. Traditional classroom teaching is available, supported by a range of online resources and assessor support. It is recommended that all Cyber Safety training is supplemented with PREVENT, Safeguarding and Cyber Bullying Awareness training to ensure that all OFSTED safeguarding responsibilities are met.
What will this qualification give me?
- Clarity of your legal obligation with regards to the effective cyber safety strategies as part of a safeguarding responsibility.
- An understanding of modern day safeguarding threats and the risks that cyber-crime poses to children and young people.
- An appreciation of practical solutions that can be implemented to reduce the risks of cyber-crime and online exploitation.
- An understanding of how social media and geo-locational information can be exploited and the ability to better protect personal information online.
- Confidence to act appropriately having identified children and young people that are affected by cyber-crime.
- An ability to develop effective safeguarding policies which limit the risk of exposure to cyber bullying and online abuse.
- A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification which acts as proof of knowledge and competence.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification is ideally suited to any individual working within the education sector or directly with children and young people in clubs and associations for which safeguarding responsibilities apply.
Parents or carers wishing to improve their ability to protect children and young people from online threats.
It is also recommended for all young people within further and higher education, to include those working towards apprenticeships.