ProQual Level 2 Award in Understanding the Risks of Cyber Bullying when Using Online and Social Media Platforms (601/2765/X)
The UK’s only OFQUAL regulated qualification to assist in the understanding and prevention of cyber bullying.
In an environment where protecting our children and young people from an ever-evolving online threat is increasingly important, understanding the methods and risks associated with cyber bullying is critical to any effective safeguarding strategy.
The majority of individuals working within child care and the wider education sector often have an appropriate level of generic safeguarding awareness, yet training and qualifications associated with the growing number of online threats are often not as well understood. These cyber bullying qualifications complement a wider range of safeguarding qualifications and ensure that organisations are well prepared to fulfil their safeguarding responsibility in its entirety.
This Cyber Bullying Awareness qualification includes a comprehensive range of practical examples and scenarios to allow learners to engage with real life cyber bullying situations. Cyber Bullying Awareness training delivery is designed to build confidence and facilitate the effective implementation of cyber safety policies to reduce online bullying.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Understanding the methods employed by cyber bullies and cyber criminals.
- An awareness of the psychology of cyber bullying.
- Identifying cyber bullying and grooming.
- Confidence to apply policies to reduce the risks of cyber bullying.
- Identifying the legislation associated with cyber bullying.
Cyber Bullying Awareness training delivery is structured to meet specific individual or organisational needs. Traditional classroom teaching is available, supported by a range of online resources and assessor support. It is recommended that all Cyber Bullying Awareness training is supplemented with PREVENT, Cyber Safety and Safeguarding training to ensure that all OFSTED safeguarding responsibilities are met.
What will this qualification give me?
- Clarity of your legal obligation with regards to the prevention of cyber bullying as part of a safeguarding responsibility.
- An understanding of modern day safeguarding threats and the associated signs and symptoms of cyber bullying.
- Confidence to act appropriately having identified children and young people that are affected by online abuse.
- An ability to develop effective safeguarding policies which limit the risk of exposure to cyber bullying and online abuse.
- A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification which acts as proof of knowledge and competence.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification is ideally suited to any individual working within the education sector or directly with children and young people in clubs and associations for which safeguarding responsibilities apply.
It is also recommended for all young people within further and higher education, to include those working towards apprenticeships.