ProQual Level 2 Award in Cyber Security Awareness for Business (601/8257/X)
The threat of cyber crime to UK business users continues to rise each year. Increasingly, successful attacks are attributed to human error, or a lack of basic abilities to identify and respond to ever evolving cyber threats. Changes in European legislation and effective compliance with UK Data Protection regulations mean that effective cyber security policies have never been so critical to business continuity. Cyber Security training takes two distinguishable forms. The first, consists of specific, often higher level training for the experienced cyber security practitioner or executive. The second is cyber security awareness for the average system user. The latter has been very much neglected or insufficient, leading to a greater skills divide between IT practitioners and their non-technical counterparts. Cyber security, as with any other form of security is only as robust as the weakest link.
We believe that organisational cyber security awareness training is even more crucial to the effective implementation of a business wide cyber security strategy. Bespoke training of cyber security professionals will always be essential, yet rarely are breaches in system integrity due to the actions of a qualified professional. As such, this qualification has been specifically developed to support our Cyber Stars Initiative, qualifying key representatives from all departments to ensure a holistic approach to cyber security.
This qualification is split into two units. The first is specific to understanding cyber threats, to include motivations, identification and effective response. The second unit focuses on effective cyber security policy implementation. Knowledge based training is supported by a range of practical examples and relevant case studies which provide learners with the confidence to apply this knowledge within their organisation.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Principles of cyber security.
- Identifying cyber risks specific to your organisation.
- Threat motivators and methodologies.
- Identification of threat.
- Social Engineering.
- Access management.
- End point security.
- Social media threats.
- Wifi specific risk.
- Incident response.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Cyber Security/Information Security legislation
- Effective implementation of mobile and home working policies.
This Cyber Security Awareness training is delivered by a range of former Government and HM Armed Forces Cyber Security specialists. Training is conducted over the period of a day and then assessment can be undertaken online following the workshop. On completion of the qualification, learners are granted access to a Cyber Stars Portal, providing up to date guidance on specific cyber threats to business and educational materials that can be used to spread awareness throughout the organisation. This allows Cyber Stars to provide a continuous and sustainable solution to cyber security awareness.
What will this qualification give me?
- Confidence to understand your place within your organisation’s cyber security defences.
- An ability to identify and mitigate cyber attacks, both at work and at home.
- An organisation wide understanding of cyber security principles and current threats.
- An opportunity to ensure upskilling to the wider business through the Cyber Stars programme.
- Confidence to implement effective cyber security processes at every level of your organisation.
- Clarity regarding the risks of home and mobile working and the ability to apply effective security protocols.
- The ability to apply effective incident response and disaster recovery plans to ensure legislative compliance.
- A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification which acts as proof of knowledge and competence.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification and the Cyber Stars Initaiative is recommended to all individuals that work with IT systems in any way within their organisation. By ensuring that all departments are adequately qualified and effectively represented by a Cyber Star an organisation can ensure a robust approach to cyber security.